When I started this project I knew that I needed to research my target audience, the format I’d chosen and the topic. I did so by carrying out a number of different of techniques. Once I carried out all the research I evaluated it.
Before I started the production part of my project I planned what I was going to do and how I was going to do it. This meaning that I created a story board to give me a clear step by step understanding of what I needed to do and how do it. Continue reading “Pre-production (Unit 9) (Celia)”
For the unit 9 project we have to complete two pieces that are different formats, the two have to be based on the same theme with the target audience being aged between 16-30 years old.
Before I started creating the final product I carried out research to help me gather an understanding of what I could do, how I could do it, information to include in my product and to get examples of products like my own. I collected a lot of research, however, only a few pieces had input on my work. The types of research ranged from primary to secondary, qualitative and quantitative.
This week we learnt more skills in Illustrator based on how to make a flower. We learnt how to use the rotate tool which helped us to make the petals in a quick way. We started by drawing a circle in the centre of the page and then drew another but in the shape of a petal. After we selected the two and aligned them using the centre tool. Once we did this we selected the petal, clicked on the rotate tool and pressed alt and clicked in the centre, this came up with the box you can see in the photo, we then wrote 360/24 this allowed us to quickly create petals. Once we had done the division we also pressed ctrl d that allowed to copy it the whole way around the circle. Continue reading “Unit 10: Illustrator (Celia)”
For this project, I had to carry out research that had an influence on my work, this could mean looking at professional pieces to help me be inspired or research that helped me learn how I could do something within my project. This did mean that nearly all of my research was secondary because it was all used to help me know how to do the project. Continue reading “Unit 10: Research Evaluation (Celia)”
Did anyone identify specific characteristics that will impact on their writing etc?
During the discussing, we all talked about the mediums we chose and the characteristics that relate to the formats. Such as we are all doing articles and so we talked about the characteristics related to the format, these included: 25 opening words (Hook), word choice and the 5 w’s. One person said that the use of the inverted pyramid meant they were able to priorities what’s more important, and so they could organise their work and therefore improve on it. Continue reading “Unit 9: Group discussion (Greg)”
We learnt how to create gradients on Illustrator, we did so by selecting the swatches and drawing a rectangle on the page. Once doing this we selected the gradient tool from the tool bar, this meant we could control the colours and the amount of gradient, plus we could also add extra colour to the gradient. We could do so by dragging them from the swatches and placing them in the gradient section.