You can use social media on technology devices such as a phone, laptop and a tablet. However not all social media works on different types of technology. Snapchat is primarily used on phones because you can only capture the moment and it last for 24 hours. Also Instagram only allows you to look at the people you follow and not actually post.
Nearly every social media app allows us to discover new information and many tells us the news. Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook allows us to see the later news from any where in the world and hear other people’s opinions at the fastest paste than most.
- Social media is a fast way of finding information
- You can meet new people from all over
- Stay in contact with people you may not live near
- Make contact with old friends
- Stalking has increased
- People are concerned about their image
- More judgement
TV and Film
TV and film is focused on entreating, which is why you can practically watch anywhere. You can watch them on phones, laptops, television, game station, cinema, amazon prime, Netflix, tablet and now TV. These are different technology platforms and company’s which allow you to watch or films.
- You can watch more and learn more
- Older films and TV shows can be accessed
- Encourages people to join media
- Company’s earn money
- Films can be downloaded and so a loss of profit
- People take it for granted
Radio can be reached on laptops, phones, radio and TV. We are able to hear a variety of shows on the radio, from the weekly top 40 music chart to a politics show. The fact we have such a huge variety means we can learn a vast amount of information. Plus radio means you can listen to music you enjoy whilst hearing the latest news.
- Can enjoy music whilst being informed
- The radio is free
- Can legally download
- Can’t chose the music
- No playlists
Apps are based more on phones and tablets due to how the apps focus on one certain subject. The good thing about an app being only for a specific subject means we can learn more about the chosen subject and the background of it. With apps making it easier to find information it means we are able to learn more information faster and quicker.
- Easy and fast
- The app is specific to a subject
- Covers many subjects
- There is an app for everything
- Takes storage
- Some need the internet to work
- Some apps only work on a certain phone, android/ apple.
You can get newspaper on phones, tablets and find reports for them on the internet (laptop) but you can still of course buy the traditional paper newspaper. The good thing about us now having newspaper on our phones, tablets and laptops because we can learn very quickly about the latest news stories from all across the world in much more depth. Compared to twitter, newspapers allow us to understand a story in much better depth.
- More information
- Primary source
- Straight to the point
- Papers for different audiences
- Have to pay for some papers
- Take up space that phones do not
Like newspapers we can have magazines on our phones and tablets, also Snapchat allows you to see a story from magazines such as ‘Cosmopolitan’. Magazines can focus on one topic and on audience: film, fashion and many more. With magazines being a monthly issue it means we get information in a much broader version.
- Different genres
- Vaster amount of information
- Focus on one audience
- Pay for them
- They can take space up